Please visit www.petastapleton.com for more information.
- Does it matter which hand? NO
- Can I switch hands while tapping? YES
- Can I tap with both hands? YES
- How many taps on each spot? 7 is most common but sometimes more is better
- Is the SETUP essential? Not always, but necessary in cases of “Psychological Reversal” (where there is a secondary gain from keeping your problem)
- Will EFT take away natural (and healthy) emotional responses to situations? NO
- How long do treatment results last? As long as people want them too. Untreated aspects can make it appear like it “comes back.” Keep tapping!
- Does the treatment need to be repeated? Sometimes if there’s a different aspect, but it’s often less intense and if it worked once, it usually works with the “new” aspect.
- Can you use alternate taps like in EMDR? YES
- Do I have to believe in the treatment for it to work? NO – it still appears to work (sometimes it is worth doing some tapping on ‘not believing’ it will work, or worry that it won’t work for YOU)
- So do I use the same EFT process for every issue? YES, just modify the set up phrases for each issue.
- Can you tap on the positive? YES – best done after you have cleared the negative
- Do you have to say it out loud? NO, but it might have more power and work faster!
- Why tap with a negative phrase? The negative phrase is truth of your feeling. EFT works with what really is, not what we wish it to be.